This publish ranks & critiques the very best and worst resorts close to Tokyo Disneyland & DisneySea with execs & cons for every, plus room photographs and another primary info and ideas. It consists of my opinions on every lodge at which we’ve got truly stayed, plus some issues relating to to whom every lodge may enchantment. (Up to date January 16, 2023.)
To be completely blunt, the rankings listed below are solely going to be helpful to a sure extent. For instance, how do you evaluate Resort MiraCosta–a 5 star luxurious lodge inside a theme park, costing a minimal of $500 per night time–to a series lodge with out a lot in the best way of theme, however with a stable location and nightly charges which are a fraction of the worth? “Arbitrarily” is the snarky reply, however I’ll attempt at this presumably futile activity nonetheless, within the hopes that from the short hit factors right here, you possibly can distill one thing, and apply the professionals and cons to your personal distinctive circumstances.
There are mainly 5 classes of resorts close to Tokyo Disneyland in my estimation: on-site Disney resorts, on-site non-Disney official resorts, off-site Disney lodge (simply a kind of), off-site associate resorts, and off-site non-partner resorts. Until you’re on a very tight price range, we’d extremely advocate staying in one of many two on-site classes. To place all of this into context, right here’s a map of Tokyo Disney Resort that reveals the areas of the assorted monorail loop and Disney resorts:
In case it’s not clear, there are 6 third social gathering resorts throughout from Bayside Station, which is the monorail cease for the Tokyo Disney Resort Official Resorts (plus Toy Story Resort, which is nestled between Hilton Tokyo Bay and Resort Okura Tokyo Bay). Behind the monorail station, there’s a brand new luxurious Disney lodge below building that overlooks Fantasy Springs (all of which is more likely to open in Spring 2024).
This additionally reveals the areas of Resort MiraCosta, Tokyo Disneyland Resort, Ambassador Resort, and Celebration Resort. The primary two of those actually overlook or are inside their respective parks. Against this, Ambassador Resort is adjoining to the Ikspiari buying district-(nonetheless walkable to Tokyo Disneyland) and Celebration Resort is off-site and requires taking a bus to entry the parks.
Staying off-site will be cheaper, and it’s possible you’ll assume it’s helpful to have a centralized base for explorations within the metropolis (it’s not–you need to do a cut up keep at a lodge in Tokyo for that leg of the journey, and a lodge in Tokyo Bay for the Tokyo Disney Resort leg of the journey), however coping with attending to the parks from off-site generally is a actual problem, particularly contemplating how crucial it’s to reach at these parks earlier than rope drop.
We’ve stayed at the entire Tokyo Disney Resort Official Resorts, that are going to be probably the most enticing choice for many vacationers for whom cash is a matter. We now have not but stayed on the new Toy Story Resort or Disney Celebration Resort, the latter of which is definitely off-site. Along with the entire on-site resorts, we’ve additionally included within the rankings just a few off-site resorts at which we’ve stayed.
Okay, let’s check out the rankings & critiques of the resorts on-site or close to Tokyo Disneyland…
Off-Website Resorts Close to Tokyo Disney Resort
10. Household Resort Fifty’s for Maihama – By no means. once more. We now have stayed at 25+ totally different resorts in all types of kinds of lodging, from conventional ryokan to hostels, all throughout Japan, together with Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, and so on., and solely have had one actually damaging expertise. That was at Household Fifty’s.
The one purpose we booked this within the first place was as a result of costs for our regular Tokyo Bay choices had been astronomically priced throughout our go to (lesson: at all times have a look at lodge prices earlier than shopping for airfare, irrespective of how good the flight deal). Our room was basically within the basement of the lodge, with seen mildew on the partitions, bugs within the toilet, and the beautiful aroma of cigarettes+mildew+nasty toes.
If you happen to have a look at on-line reserving websites, you may discover this lodge is very divisive; what I’ve gleaned from these critiques is that rooms on the 2nd ground are nicer, so when you do ebook right here, request a 2nd ground room. Actually, although, save your self the potential horrors that await and simply keep some place else. Sorry, we don’t have any photographs of this one. We tried to erase this go to to the true life tower of terror from our minds and apparently that meant not taking photographs of the room. (Really, it was an oversight as a result of I by no means deliberate on reviewing it. I actually want I had photographs to point out how unhealthy it was.)
9. Resort Emion Tokyo Bay – This can be a very nice lodge with fashionable rooms, good facilities, and a comfort retailer and spa within the lodge, amongst different issues. Contemplating these issues in isolation, it might be greater on this record. Sadly, its value is usually out of whack with its location, which is off-site about 25 minutes away on the JR Line or by way of shuttle (it’s a Tokyo Disney Resort Accomplice Resort, so it does have a shuttle).
It’s not probably the most handy lodge by way of location, however it’s not altogether inconvenient, both. Actually, it comes down to cost. If you will discover it for ~$125/night time or much less, think about it. In any other case, look elsewhere. Full Resort Emion Tokyo Bay Evaluate coming quickly…
8. APA Resort Tokyo Shiomi Ekimae – If you would like some critical ‘Tokyo Disney on a Dime’ road cred, ebook a keep at APA Resort Tokyo Shiomi Ekimae. That is an off-site lodge, however it scores main factors for worth and comfort. By way of worth, for a single room, it’s usually beneath $50/night time. For a double, it may be round $80/night time.
Not solely that, however it’s a pleasant, fashionable lodge! By way of location, it’s lower than a 5 minute stroll from the JR Keiyo line, which is the road Tokyo Disney Resort is on. You’re taking a look at about 20-25 minutes out of your lodge door to the Tokyo Disneyland entrance, and it’s a simple commute. That is the best lodge for solo vacationers on a price range–in all probability not as alluring for households.
Monorail Loop Resorts On-Website at Tokyo Disney Resort
7. Resort Okura Tokyo Bay – At one level, this was a lavish lodge providing luxurious lodging and exemplary service. Now, simply the service is sweet. Oh, and the loos. Though the rooms are dated, they’re nonetheless good–and properly maintained, in order that’s not as enormous of a qualm because it may very well be. The massive concern with Resort Okura Tokyo Bay is the overly-firm, low-quality, and aged mattresses.
These are so uncomfortable that they may impression your capacity to get night time’s sleep. The most important upside is pricing, as Resort Okura Tokyo Bay is now one of many least costly resorts close to Tokyo Disneyland for a lot of journey dates. Whether or not the enticing value is sufficient to overcome these terrible mattresses is a matter of non-public desire. We’ve stayed at Resort Okura greater than some other Tokyo Disney Resort lodge, so that ought to reply the place we stand on the fee v. consolation concern. Learn and see extra in our full Resort Okura Tokyo Bay Evaluate.
6. Grand Nikko Tokyo Bay Maihama Resort – If our expertise was any indication, Grand Nikko Tokyo Bay Maihama Resort is “the marriage lodge” at Tokyo Disney Resort. Each time we had been there, it appeared like a marriage was happening in large open atrium. The lodge feels a tad dated with a mid-90s vibe, however it has all been excellently maintained.
The pure mild coming by means of the skylights within the morning and strands of popcorn lights at night time make for the proper temper within the widespread areas, and we actually take pleasure in this side of Grand Nikko Tokyo Bay Maihama Resort. Rooms additionally present their age (moreso than the widespread areas), however have been well-maintained and are spacious. It’s one of many farther resorts from Bayside Station, however it’s a better stroll to Tokyo Disneyland. Learn and see extra in our full Tokyo Bay Maihama Resort Membership Resort Evaluate.
5. Tokyo Bay Maihama Resort First Resort – Whereas the entire different resorts within the high 6 listed below are Western type lodge rooms within the sense that they’re spacious, relatively than compact and trying to make use of area as effectively as doable. Sunroute Plaza is an Jap type lodge room, like nearly all of these you’d discover in Tokyo correct and elsewhere in Japan.
If you happen to’re touring as a household–or are accustomed to bigger rooms–this may increasingly pose an issue. Regardless of its smaller dimension, it’s extremely well-designed, which means there’s just about every little thing you’d anticipate from a bigger lodge room…besides empty ground area. The rooms and lodge as an entire additionally has themed decor, making it a enjoyable choice. It’s a brief stroll to Tokyo Disneyland, too. Undoubtedly price a glance relying upon pricing when you’re touring solo or as a pair. Learn and see extra in our full Sunroute Plaza Tokyo Resort Evaluate.
4. Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay – After an important expertise on the Hilton, we had been anticipating nice issues on the Sheraton Grande. It turned out to be a letdown. The widespread areas are fashionable and appeared nice, and the lodge had a stable slate of facilities, however the visitor rooms are outdated. We’ve since performed a number of return stays, and have skilled related points in the usual rooms every time.
The furnishings is old-fashioned, many rooms scent like cigarettes (on what was the smoking flooring), and the place simply appears drained. The massive upside is the loos, that are pretty good, all issues thought-about. Most Westerners are probably going to decide on this or the Hilton, and at current, the usual visitor rooms on the Sheraton Grande don’t maintain a candle to the usual rooms on the Hilton. (With that stated, the Ocean Dream and Park Wing rooms have been up to date on the Sheraton, and are a lot nicer.) Learn and see extra in our full Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Resort Evaluate.
3. Hilton Tokyo Bay – Given its high quality, location, and typical pricing, at some other Disney resort on the earth, Hilton Tokyo Bay would have a powerful shot on the #1 slot. Its rooms, particularly the distinctly Japanese “Celebrio” ones, are effectively performed and spacious, and the lodge itself has wonderful facilities and feels fashionable.
Then there’s the placement, simply steps from the Bayside Station on the monorail loop. Pricing is the icing on the cake, with rooms right here commonly accessible for below $200 per night time. Evaluating Hilton Tokyo Bay to the highest 2 on this record is like evaluating apples to velociraptors, however it’s an important lodge in its personal proper. Learn and see extra in our full Hilton Tokyo Bay Resort Evaluate.
N/A. Toy Story Resort – That is Tokyo Disney Resort’s first on-site reasonable lodge with 595 visitor rooms–575 customary rooms and 20 superior rooms. Toy Story Resort is situated instantly throughout from Bayside Station, in between Hilton Tokyo Bay, Resort Okura, and Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Resort. It’s technically the primary non-Deluxe Disney lodge on the monorail loop anyplace on the earth.
The visitor rooms are impressed by Andy’s bed room from the primary Toy Story movie, that includes his iconic blue sky and puffy white cloud wallpaper. There are additionally Woody’s Roundup impressed headboards, an outsized Mickey Mouse wristwatch hanging on one of many partitions, plus different toy-like fixtures and furnishings. There’s additionally on-site buying and eating. We’ve but to remain at Toy Story Resort, and discover it to be a troublesome promote given the standard of the adjoining Tokyo Hilton Bay, which is sort of at all times cheaper. To every their very own, although!
2. Tokyo Disneyland Resort – As we acknowledged in our Tokyo Disneyland Resort Evaluate, when you put aside the placement of Resort MiraCosta, Tokyo Disneyland Resort is definitely the higher of the 2. Clearly, you possibly can’t put aside one thing as paramount to MiraCosta as being inside Tokyo DisneySea, so Tokyo Disneyland Resort has to “settle” for the #2 slot.
The rooms listed below are lavish and nail the Victorian theme, and all the lodge expertly balances sophistication with Disney whimsy, making it really feel neither stuffy nor general cartoonified. It’s an in depth second to Resort MiraCosta right here, and the second finest Disney lodge on the earth, as effectively. Learn and see extra in our full Tokyo Disneyland Resort Evaluate.
1. Resort MiraCosta – Probably the most grandiose Disney lodge is situated inside Disney’s finest theme park on the earth. Want we are saying extra? In all probability not. Simply to be protected, although, it’s price stating that that is the one Disney lodge I’d describe as actually opulent, and for me, it’s a lodge with out equals. Often, I’m itching to get into the parks after I’m at Tokyo Disney Resort, however the thought of sitting at a desk in my room, sipping a heat cup of espresso whereas watching the Christmas harbor present as my Gelatoni plush stares at me from the mattress sounds completely chic.
Staying at Resort MiraCosta isn’t simply one other night time at a lodge, it’s an expertise to be savored. I’m lifeless critical (besides concerning the Gelatoni bit). It’s an unforgettable expertise. The rooms after we stayed there (which was simply earlier than a room refurbishment began) left a bit of to be desired by luxurious lodge requirements, besides, we extremely advocate splurging on an evening or two at Resort MiraCosta. You gained’t remorse it. Learn and see extra in our full Resort MiraCosta Evaluate.
Planning a visit to Tokyo Disney Resort? For complete recommendation, the very best place to begin is our Tokyo Disneyland & DisneySea Journey Planning Information! For extra specifics, our TDR Resort Rankings & Opinions web page covers lodging. Our Restaurant Opinions element the place to dine & snack. To save cash on tickets or decide which sort to purchase, learn our Suggestions for Saving Cash publish. Our What to Pack for Disney publish takes a novel have a look at intelligent objects to take. Venturing elsewhere in Japan? Seek the advice of our Final Information to Kyoto, Japan and Metropolis Information to Tokyo, Japan.
Have you ever stayed at any of those resorts? What did you assume? Have you ever stayed at different resorts in Japan? Contemplating these or different resorts and have questions? Listening to from you is half the enjoyable, so you probably have any ideas or questions, please publish them within the feedback beneath!