Walt Disney World has tons of desk service eating places, and this checklist ranks the ten finest in 2023. We’ve finished all the prime eating in Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, resorts, Disney Springs, plus third-party resorts in Orlando, Florida–these are our favorites. With so many nice choices, it’s troublesome to slim down this checklist! (Up to date January 23, 2023.)
Stable decisions that didn’t make the minimize embrace Hollywood Brown Derby, Boma – Flavors of Africa, Be Our Visitor Restaurant, Morimoto Asia, Jaleo, Chef Artwork Smith’s Homecomin’, Raglan Highway, STK, and Skipper Canteen. A number of of those are glorious, and we wouldn’t fault anybody for together with them of their private prime 10 lists.
Frankly, over half of this checklist could possibly be dominated by Disney Springs eating places, which have a tendency to supply higher high quality and worth as they compete with actual world eating choices. Past that, eating places in resorts are likely to outperform these within the parks, except just a few areas in EPCOT’s World Showcase.
It’s additionally value noting that these rankings revolve round delicacies fairly than theme. Many Walt Disney World fan-favorite eating places, together with some that we completely adore, have been “snubbed” from this prime 10 checklist because of this. That doesn’t imply that they aren’t nice choices, particularly for households. (See our High 10 Themed Eating places at Walt Disney World for essentially the most enjoyable, family-friendly, and distinctive eating choices.)
One other caveat to this checklist is that there’s an enormous hole between the highest 3 and every thing else. That is reality in high quality, fashion, and–particularly–value. Every of those serves excessive finish prix fixe menus that vary from round $195 to over $600. It’s probably this trio is chasing Michelin stars now that the enduring information has a Florida version.
However, we don’t view these eating places as reasonable suggestions for many Walt Disney World guests. Since this can be a planning useful resource firstly, we’re increasing our checklist to the highest 10 entries along with the highest tier trio. So in different phrases, it’s now a prime 13 checklist.
Under is a quick synopsis why every restaurant makes this checklist of one of the best Walt Disney World desk service eating places for 2023. Click on the restaurant identify for our full evaluate of every restaurant. Okay, let’s check out which Walt Disney World eating places made the minimize…
T10. Tiffins – A tribute to the explorations and travels that supplied the genesis of Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park, Tiffins concurrently seems like eating in an artwork gallery, and consuming at a high-end, low-key restaurant the place globe-trotting Imagineers would themselves dine. Luckily, it’s not a hodgepodge or scholar’s den of eccentricities, and as an alternative is a carefully-curated artwork gallery, with nice consideration to element.
The menu at Tiffins is pleasant, with quite a lot of formidable dishes which are adventurous and reflective of the restaurant’s overarching theme. Once more, it’s all about consideration to element right here, with every thing from presentation to the confluence of flavors making Tiffins a winner. There are a number of approachable choices right here, however Tiffins is a good place to problem your style buds, step outdoors your consolation zone, and take a veritable journey in eating.
T10. Yachtsman Steakhouse – A carnivore’s paradise, Yachtsman Steakhouse is the place to go at Walt Disney World for wonderful cuts of meat. That is obvious as quickly as you stroll within the entrance the place you see…a butcher in a case sales space making the “magic” occur. It additionally manages an upscale setting, with refined design, wealthy woods, and a cultured inside.
You actually can’t go flawed with the cuts of meat right here–it doesn’t matter what you get, you’re in for a deal with. Though Yachtsman Steakhouse has different menu objects apart from colossal cuts of meat, these are the place the magic occurs. The ‘classics’ makes it essentially the most approachable Signature Restaurant at Walt Disney World, and one thing that even “meat and potatoes” sorts of visitors will take pleasure in and recognize.
T10. Sanaa — Sanaa scores plenty of factors for providing a singular and glorious menu, and for higher value factors than the Signature eating places on this checklist. Sanaa additionally has unimaginable ambiance, with views of animals grazing outdoors the restaurant. The out of the way in which location of Sanaa at Kidani Village implies that Sanaa isn’t overly crowded, which provides to its intimacy and in addition means you’ll often have an attentive server.
The menu at Sanaa is kind of exceptional for a Walt Disney World restaurant, with plenty of choices which may scare away the common vacationer who merely desires meat and potatoes. You could find choices like that at Sanaa (don’t fear, there’s a “common” steak), however the majority of the menu is a little more adventurous. This glorious distinctive menu is what separates Sanaa from plenty of different Walt Disney World eating places, and affordable costs (particularly at lunch) on many scrumptious menu objects makes it one of many 10 finest desk service eating places at Walt Disney World.
T10. The Boathouse — The transformation of Disney Springs has completely reinvigorated the eating scene. This district has gone from a spot solely to be visited in the event you wished to get some buying finished, or possibly dinner at Raglan Highway, to an integral a part of any Walt Disney World trip. There are a variety of causes for this, however the primary one is definitely the upscale eating scene.
Our checklist of one of the best desk service eating places at Disney Springs options 5 areas that arguably might’ve made this checklist. The perfect amongst these is The Boathouse, which gives effective eating and a enjoyable ambiance. Whereas the theme could seem at odds with the Signature standing, it really works for the fashion of restaurant on the waterfront at Disney Springs. Then there’s the meals, which is sort of all glorious, and it’s straightforward to see why the Boathouse has already attracted a legion of devoted followers.
9. California Grill — Providing unimaginable ambiance, refined decor, and undoubtedly one of the best views of any restaurant at Walt Disney World, California Grill is a winner. When eating right here, a window desk is sort of a should. Make ADRs for about 60 to 90 minutes earlier than the Magic Kingdom’s fireworks, and be keen to attend for a window desk.
California Grill falls just a few slots this 12 months on account of its prix fixe menu for the fiftieth Anniversary. Whereas we loved our expertise (see Evaluate: California Grill fiftieth Anniversary Celebration Dinner), this menu is undeniably limiting and surprising of a Signature Restaurant. Moreover, we miss the (nonetheless!) briefly unavailable “Brunch on the High”, which was one of the best meal at California Grill. With one other prix fixe menu coming in April 2023, it’s unlikely California Grill will regain its spot within the prime 5 anytime quickly.
8. Toledo Steakhouse – Walt Disney World all the time has some “hidden gem” eating places, however not often are they each this good and nonetheless underrated. In equity, a giant motive why Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood isn’t notably well-liked proper now’s the shortage of conventions at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort (these occasions are the rationale Gran Destino Tower was constructed within the first place)–it’s fairly out of the way in which for many informal vacationers.
However, Toledo’s idea is formidable and enjoyable, the meals is scrumptious, the views are distinctive, and the costs–for the standard of the delicacies–will not be inflated an excessive amount of by Walt Disney World requirements. The truth that Toledo caters closely to conventioneers performs an enormous half in all of this, and can probably be certain that the restaurant maintains its excessive requirements. Toledo is totally definitely worth the difficult commute.
7. Jiko — The Cooking Place — That is one restaurant that’s nicely definitely worth the detour to an in any other case out-of-the-way resort. Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge is one in all our favourite date evening locations, and we particularly love doing it at Christmas-time. The wild boar, lamb shank, and beef brief rib are nonetheless all-stars, and are each bit pretty much as good as we keep in mind. These dishes are additionally ingenious whereas being approachable, which is a typical theme of our favourite Signature Eating places.
Furthermore, ambiance of Jiko continues to make it an Animal Kingdom Lodge spotlight. The colour palette of the restaurant modifications to imitate an African sundown because the evening progresses. The service can be glorious, with servers who’re educated concerning the menu and the in depth drink checklist. Its costs are in step with different Signature eating places, so it’s no gem from a worth perspective, however the delicacies is definitely worth the costs.
6. Citricos – We’ve by no means been enormous followers of Citricos at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort previously, however the reimagined restaurant that gained us over. The menu is superlative, with refined Floridian delicacies and an abundance of citrus infusions. These dishes are ingenious, beautifully-plated, scrumptious, and in line with the spirit of Citricos. The one draw back is parts and pricing–that is arguably the closest Walt Disney World will get to haute delicacies.
The ambiance is a marked enchancment over the earlier incarnation of the restaurant. The fashion is supposedly influenced by Mary Poppins, however that’s virtually completely unnoticeable. It’s merely modernized with design motifs that vaguely evoke visuals from the movie. Citricos is now virtually excellent, and this reimagining was a supercalifragilistic improve to each the menu and inside.
5. Flying Fish – Situated on the BoardWalk, Flying Fish is the right grownup’s evening out, as you possibly can benefit from the ambiance of the BoardWalk after a meal on the restaurant. The ambiance of Flying Fish can be nice, with good decor and an open kitchen and good bar that add to the vitality of the restaurant.
Flying Fish is concurrently fancy however approachable, with formidable and ingenious menu objects which are additionally comforting, tried and true favorites. For entrees, the Flying Fish’s Signature Chef’s Duo is the Char-crusted New York Strip Steak and Potato-wrapped Purple Snapper. These are superlative, arguably one of the best 1-2 punch in all of Walt Disney World eating. Whereas these are the unequivocal highlights, the menu is robust from prime to backside, with distinctive appetizers, desserts, and different entrees. Whereas it doesn’t push the envelope as a lot as Citricos, Flying Fish delivers scrumptious outcomes that make it extra interesting, in our view, to a wider vary of visitors.
4. Topolino’s Terrace – Together with Toledo, that is one in all two new eating places that provide superlative rooftop eating that surpasses perennial favorites. Because it opened, we’ve finished a number of dinners at Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera, which has change into our go-to restaurant for a top quality and filling effective eating expertise that additionally gives nice views and ambiance.
Situated at Disney’s Riviera Resort, it’s a straightforward Skyliner gondola journey from a number of resorts plus each Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and gives fireworks views of each parks. Whereas dinner is the primary motive it makes this checklist, households shouldn’t overlook the distinctive Breakfast Á la Artwork with Mickey & Pals, which is our new favourite character meal at Walt Disney World. Topolino’s Terrace is rather a lot like Flying Fish, in that it’s each ingenious and approachable–this will get the slight fringe of the 2 because of its rooftop setting and barely deeper menu, however you actually can’t go flawed both means.
High Tier Trio
3. Monsieur Paul – Upon reopening late final 12 months, Monsieur Paul launched a brand new prix fixe menu beginning at $195 per particular person, plus tax and gratuity. It has been extremely well-liked since returning regardless of this critical value enhance and extra restricted lineup of menu objects. It’ll be fascinating to see how lengthy this continues; Monsieur Paul had hassle filling tables pre-closure, and provided a summer time particular to draw patrons.
However, Monsieur Paul is a elegant eating expertise–top-of-the-line at Walt Disney World. It’s opulent and well-appointed with out being too intimidating or overly stuffy. The Artwork Nouveau design, particulars, and desk settings clarify that Monsieur Paul is a effective eating restaurant, however wall pictures of the late Chef Paul Bocuse with large mice and a rat assist to remind that this restaurant is certainly in a Walt Disney World theme park.
Delicacies at Monsieur Paul is a veritable Tour de France, with every dish providing great nuance and selection. Presentation is meticulous and beautiful, flavors are daring and ingenious, and repair is attentive. With that mentioned, Monsieur Paul gained’t be for everybody. As famous, Monsieur Paul is okay eating, and the emphasis right here is on high quality over amount. In the event you’re in search of top-of-the-line meals you possibly can have at Walt Disney World, look no additional. In the event you’re in search of one of many greatest meals, look elsewhere.
2. Takumi Tei – Sadly, it’s the same story with the recently-reopened Takumi-Tei. This restaurant dropped its a la carte menu in favor of solely providing Omakase Tasting Menus, its twist on prix fixe. The vegetarian model is $150 and the traditional selection–that includes Japanese A5 wagyu steak–prices $250. That is one other very important value enhance.
Takumi Tei is rather a lot like Monsieur Paul, however completely totally different. Whereas France’s flagship eatery is Epcot’s most refined, Takumi Tei is its highest idea. Each are extremely refined, however in the end illustrate the variations between service and delicacies in Japan and France.
Whereas the meals is totally spectacular (particularly the Omakase Tasting Menu, which is highlighted by Wagyu and bone marrow), Takumi Tei is all about Omotenashi. That is the Japanese idea of service with nice consideration to element and from the underside of the center. It’s extremely heat, gracious, and welcoming. Oh, and the meals can’t be missed–from seafood to duck to that wonderful beef, Takumi Tei is an absolute winner, and its prime tier meals give Victoria & Albert’s a run for its cash…
1. Victoria & Albert’s — Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is the very best restaurant at Walt Disney World, and by a large margin. The whole lot concerning the restaurant is beautiful, making it far and away one of the best restaurant at Walt Disney World. It’s the one AAA 5-Diamond restaurant within the Orlando space and one of many top-rated eating places in all of Florida. The restaurant is quiet and well-appointed, and the service is beautiful.
Victoria & Albert’s gives a prix fixe six-course meal consisting of connoisseur and specialty effective eating choices, together with different “premium” objects that may be ordered for a further cost. In the event you’re an actual foodie, it’s also possible to ebook the Chef’s Desk for a singular, albeit much less romantic, eating possibility. Given all of this, why would Victoria & Albert’s not be #1 on anybody’s checklist?
Value. The fixed-price price for the common eating room begins at roughly $300 per particular person. With wine pairings and upgrades, the associated fee can simply eclipse $800 for a pair–possibly even $1,000. That alone makes us tempted to even exclude Victoria & Albert’s from eligibility, because it’s not like some other restaurant at Walt Disney World. If a meal right here prices 5 occasions as a lot as the opposite entries, one would hope that it’s a bit higher! Past that, most planners most likely aren’t debating between Sebastian’s Bistro and Victoria & Albert’s for his or her evening out. The 2 merely are incomparable in each means, save for each serving meals of meals.
There you’ve gotten it, our prime 10 checklist of desk service eating places at Walt Disney World. It’s possible you’ll discover that plenty of well-liked eating places didn’t make this checklist. This features a handful of Signature Eating places, a excessive variety of superlative Disney Springs choices, and some under-the-radar fan favorites. As we mentioned above, it was troublesome to slim the checklist right down to the ten finest desk service eating places at Walt Disney World…however we managed to do it!
Planning a Walt Disney World journey? Study resorts on our Walt Disney World Accommodations Opinions web page. For the place to eat, learn our Walt Disney World Restaurant Opinions. To save cash on tickets or decide which kind to purchase, learn our Suggestions for Saving Cash on Walt Disney World Tickets publish. Our What to Pack for Disney Journeys publish takes a singular take a look at intelligent objects to take. For what to do and when to do it, our Walt Disney World Trip Guides will assist. For complete recommendation, one of the best place to start out is our Walt Disney World Journey Planning Information for every thing you should know!
Do you agree with our prime 10 desk service eating places at Walt Disney World? Any eating places that you just’d add to the checklist? Any eating spots we checklist that you don’t suppose are worthy of a spot? What are your favourite desk service eating places in Walt Disney World? Any questions? Listening to your suggestions–even if you disagree with us–is each fascinating to us and useful to different readers, so please share your ideas beneath within the feedback!