Glasgow to Oban, Fort William & Mallaig (West Highland Line, Scotland)
🛤 Maybe probably the most picturesque or well-known of the scenic railway strains in Scotland, if not the UK
✅ Attainable day tour from Glasgow Queen Avenue station – nevertheless solely as much as 4 trains run every day in every path
❗️In the event you do that journey as a day tour observe that the day is spent primarily spent on a practice in every path. In the event you get pleasure from practice journey and want to observe the attractive Scottish surroundings in a snug setting this can be the day journey for you!
🛏 Think about an in a single day keep in Fort William if time permits
⏱ Journey durations (all direct companies) from Glasgow Queen’s Avenue
- Corrour – 3 hours
- Oban – 3 hours 10 minutes
- Fort William – 3 hours 50 minutes
- Mallaig – 5 hours 20 minutes
- Approx. most cost-effective ticket (December 2022)
- Balloch (Change at Dumbarton Central) – single journey £9.80, return journey £12.40.
- Corrour – single journey £35, return journey £57.
- Oban – single journey £16, return journey £32.
- Fort William – single journey £35, return journey £57.
- Mallaig – single journey £43, return journey £51.
❗️ CHECK practice occasions – Don’t get caught out, keep in mind there are just a few trains every day again to Glasgow, make sure of your practice occasions for a return journey
❗️ If returning to Edinburgh and never Glasgow enable a minimal of 6 hours for the journey altering at Glasgow Queen Avenue. CHECK practice occasions