In episode 28 of the UK Journey Planning Podcast, we chat with Rob Bruns about his household’s week-long go to to London in the summertime of 2022. This go to was on the finish of a month-long journey round England and Scotland (you possibly can hear our chat with Rob in regards to the earlier 3 weeks of the journey in episode #18)
Click on the blue button under to pay attention:
Episode 28 – Present Notes
Journey Report – London itinerary and suggestions from the Bruns household
On this episode, you’ll be taught
- How Rob deliberate their London itinerary
- A day-by-day account of what they did and the place they visited
- How Rob and his household took 2 day journeys out of London and the way they received there
- The place they stayed in London
- The souvenirs they bought
- Their favorite experiences in London included collaborating within the Massive British Bake-off
- Which afternoon tea the Bruns household loved in London
- Their favorite locations to eat (together with ice cream and for bubble waffles)
- How Rob and Heather ready their 11-year-old son for the journey
Locations talked about on this episode embrace
- Harry Potter Studios >> The place the well-known movies have been made. A superb enjoyable time out for all of the household.
- Wimbledon >> The Wimbledon Tennis Championships are the oldest and arguably essentially the most prestigious tennis event on this planet. The championship has been held at Wimbledon since 1877.
- Tower of London >> London’s hottest vacationer vacation spot. It was based within the 1070s by William the Conqueror and over the previous 1000 years been used as a palace, a jail, a treasury, and even a zoo.
- Borough Market & Camden Market >> Two of London’s hottest markets
- One Aldwych – Charlie and the Chocolate Manufacturing unit afternoon tea >> Well-liked afternoon tea themed on Charlie and the Chocolate Manufacturing unit.
- Hop on hop-off bus tour >> There are a variety of hop-on and hop-off bus excursions out there in London and they’re an effective way to get across the metropolis and see the principle sights and landmarks.
- Royal Observatory Greenwich and the Prime Meridian >> The Prime Meridian is acknowledged because the reference level for time and longitude. The Royal Observatory Greenwich can also be house to the historic Greenwich Imply Time – now often called Coordinated Common Time (UTC)
- Windsor Fort >> Windsor Fort was a lot liked by the late Queen Elizabeth II and is the oldest and largest inhabited citadel on this planet. It has been the house of the British royal household for greater than 900 years and now could be a working royal palace with many rooms and areas open to the general public together with the State Flats and St George’s Chapel (the place the late Queen is buried.)
- Westminster Abbey >> Well-known because the coronation web site for English and British monarchs since 1066. it has additionally been the positioning of many different essential royal ceremonies, state events, and burials.
⭐️ A transcript of this episode is offered to obtain right here.
We even have some helpful planning sources on this web site that can assist you to plan your personal journey to London
Subscribe and evaluation
If in case you have discovered our Podcast useful please depart us a evaluation! We actually admire your assist and it’ll assist make our podcast seen to a higher viewers.
Please subscribe so that you don’t miss any future episodes!