In episode 26 of the UK Journey Planning podcast, we talk about the varied practice routes out there between London and Edinburgh.
Be taught concerning the numerous choices it’s important to journey by practice between London and Edinburgh plus advised locations to cease off alongside the best way. We share how it’s doable to spend a number of hours in York (plus what to do with baggage) and what you are able to do and see within the metropolis. Durham and Newcastle are additionally mentioned as doable locations to alight the practice for a number of hours earlier than persevering with to Edinburgh.
We share some tips on what to look out for alongside the route north of Durham and in addition the place to sit down on the practice for one of the best views of the Northumberland Coast.
Numerous ticket and move choices are mentioned together with the BritRail move and World Eurail Move.
Prepare route choices again to London are coated too together with which main cities by means of which every route passes. Be taught concerning the numerous trains that function on these strains together with the Caledonian Sleeper Service and Lumo service.
Click on the blue button under to pay attention:
Episode 26 – Present Notes
London to Edinburgh by practice: Easy methods to plan & take advantage of your journey
Matters coated on this episode embody:
- The names of the totally different practice routes between London and Edinburgh
- East Coast Mainline
- West Coast Mainline
- Cross Nation
- Locations to think about stopping off on the route from London to Edinburgh on the East Coast Mainline
- Locations alongside the route from Edinburgh to London on the West Coast Mainline
- Locations alongside the Cross Nation Route from Edinburgh to London
- London St Pancras
- The Caledonian Sleeper service
- Tricks to take advantage of your journey – the place to sit down on the practice for one of the best views north of Newcastle
- Really useful app – Nationwide Rail Enquiries
Locations talked about on this episode embody (as above)
- York >> Historic metropolis well-known for Roman and Viking legacies and Minster.
- Durham >> Historic cathedral metropolis in northern England
- Edinburgh >> Scotland’s capital metropolis
- Quayside >> Head to the Quayside for bars, eating places and cafes
- Centre for Life >> Science centre filled with exhibitions, actions and occasions for all of the household
- The Angel of the North >> Anthony Gormley sculpture situated in Gateshead.
- Fort William >> City on the foot of Ben Nevis and the gateway to the Scottish Highlands.
Subscribe and evaluation
You probably have discovered our Podcast useful please depart us a evaluation! We actually recognize your help and it’ll assist make our podcast seen to a better viewers.
Please subscribe so that you don’t miss any future episodes!