WASHINGTON—The American Lodge & Lodging Affiliation (AHLA) and the Worldwide Meals and Beverage Expertise Affiliation (IFBTA) introduced a brand new strategic partnership that can extra carefully align the 2 associations to profit their respective members and advance know-how throughout the hospitality and foodservice industries.
The partnership will improve AHLA’s connectivity to meals and beverage know-how content material and key business suppliers whereas increasing IFBTA’s organizational attain by aligning it with America’s largest lodge affiliation.
The brand new settlement consists of the next areas of collaboration:
- IFBTA and AHLA will develop into affiliation companions, whereby IFBTA turns into an AHLA Affiliation Member and AHLA turns into an IFBTA Affiliation Member
- A consultant from AHLA’s know-how committee, HTNG, will function a member of the IFBTA Board of Administrators
- An IFBTA consultant will function a member of AHLA’s Meals & Beverage Committee and also will assist and promote AHLA’s HTNG initiatives
- IFBTA and AHLA will assist relationships with key meals and beverage thought leaders, innovators, and business suppliers
- IFBTA membership will likely be supplied as an included advantage of AHLA membership, together with entry to IFBTA sources, chapters, training, and occasions
“Lodging and meals and beverage are the cornerstones of hospitality, and this partnership brings collectively two of an important associations in these areas,” mentioned AHLA Senior Government Vice President and Chief Working Officer Kevin Carey. “The know-how training capabilities and world F&B attain IFBTA brings to AHLA will likely be precious belongings to our affiliation and its members.”
“Though meals and beverage know-how has lengthy been on the intersection of the hospitality and foodservice industries, they’ve typically been cut up between these working inns and people working foodservice institutions,” mentioned Rob Grimes, CEO of the IFBTA. “The partnership between the IFBTA and AHLA additional solidifies the crossover and permits these from every business to collect and share info with their skilled counterparts. We’re excited to assist AHLA by offering extra networking, sources, and academic alternatives to their membership.”