Prime 10 Tricks to stop Ticks or “tick tacks” as our ladies name them 😆
Final yr I checked out a really informative dwell chat between @rozannapurcell and @ticktalkireland over on @thehikelife web page all about Ticks, Lyme Illness and what to do if you happen to discovered one on you or your pet.
Our Mountain climbing Tick historical past with Children
I beforehand had by no means come throughout a Tick in all my years of mountaineering, enjoying sports activities and out of doors actions and I wouldn’t have identified what to do if I did. Quick ahead a couple of months after watching the @ticktalkireland video and each our ladies had a tick on their tummies, at the exact same time 🤢.
Fortunately we had our tick removers, froze the ticks in a zipper lock bag, disinfected the realm and watched out for all of the indicators of Lyme Illness. Thank God, they have been each good and we have now by no means come throughout one since 🙏
Footage of the Ticks
Under I’ll share some ideas and knowledge, however to be taught extra observe @ticktalkireland
The image above is the very place the place the women acquired the ticks, strolling by the lengthy grass, their tops should have lifted and the ticks latched onto their tummies.
What do Ticks appear like?
Image 2 above reveals the Tick buried headfirst into our child’s tummy 🤢🙈
What to make use of to take away Tick?
The above image reveals #ourlittlehikers repellent bracelet. We discover the bracelet excellent and he or she loves sporting it.
Methods to Forestall Ticks on People whereas Mountain climbing
- Use a Repellent Spray. I spray all our mountaineering boots, baggage and equipment earlier than a Hike.
- When you’ll be able to put on pants, tuck them into your socks and tuck your t-shirts into your pants too.
- Attempt to keep away from lengthy grass if you happen to can (though they may also be in brief grass and woodland areas)
- Strive strolling within the centre of the woodland paths
- When potential, attempt to sit in your mountaineering bag, pad, blanket (shake it out afterwards) or a stone when having picnics.
- Do a fast Tick Examine earlier than stepping into the automobile to go dwelling.
- In case you discover a tick, don’t panic, use your tick remover (we preserve ours in a zipper lock bag in our 1st assist package in our Mountain climbing bag)
- Take away the tick with the tick remover by getting near the pores and skin the place the pinnacle is hooked up and easily pull in an upwards route, then disinfectant the realm and your palms.
- Place the tick in a ziplock bag and write the identify of the particular person, date and site on the bag and put it into your freezer if you get dwelling. By placing the tick in a zipper lock bag within the freezer it could assist rather a lot if you happen to begin to develop any signs within the coming days like flu signs or typically not at all times a rash can seem or a bulls-eye rash. If this occurs name your Physician and they’re going to do blood exams, check the frozen tick for any illnesses like Lyme Illness and possibly provide you with antibiotics and so forth.
- Get a bathe if you’re dwelling out of your hike and do a greater tick examine. Ensure to examine the next locations
- legs, ankles
- behind the knees
- across the waistline, bellybutton
- Again of neck, hairline, inside and behind the ears.
Examine your Canines for Ticks
Additionally, remember to examine your animals too.
I’m no professional in Ticks, so to be taught extra or when you have any questions take a look at @ticktalkireland